ShroomcraftPvP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ShroomcraftPvP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Application Changes I Believe Need to be Made, and Why

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TENNK001
Fighter
TENNK001

Application Changes I Believe Need to be Made, and Why Empty
PostSubject: Application Changes I Believe Need to be Made, and Why   Application Changes I Believe Need to be Made, and Why EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 7:53 am

I noticed several requirements in the staff applications which I believe should be changed, I will try to make my points nice and brief, but good well explained enough to the point where you can understand.

Age Requirements
I disagree with the age requirements. I find it rather unfair how only people of a certain age can require, and I suggest it should be based more on maturity. If you haven't noticed, in some cases an 11 year-old may be more mature than an average 14 year-old, and should also be capable of the same things that are being done in staff.

Requirements to Apply for Builder
I find the requirement to be a Helper Rank in order to apply for Builder a bit strange, just doesn't make sense to me. From my point of view, Helper and Builder are two completely different types of ranks. I think Helper Rank should be more of a trial for Moderator, perhaps a Chat-Mod, for those who are wanting to Moderate the server, while the people who are good at building would be able to take a different path, and apply for Builder straight away.

Also, in addition to age requirement, I don't quite understand why that is necessary as there are also lots of younger players who are still great builders. I think rather than age it should be based more on how good of a builder they are, and how dedicated they are to build for the server.

Back to top Go down
thats_my_nam3
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Application Changes I Believe Need to be Made, and Why   Application Changes I Believe Need to be Made, and Why EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 7:57 am

+1

I am a great builder and I also find it annoying how you have to
A. Apply for helper first
And B. Be over 14.

My builds are (Not trying to be cocky) better than the builds of the server yet I am not builder. The current arena is, in my opinion, not so nice looking and requires no building skill. The server has a small amount of builders because the people who get helper first (which is not many) are then narrowed down to those who want builder (even smaller), thus making the builds not as good as I would have imagined.
Back to top Go down
GreenToast555
Owner
GreenToast555

PostSubject: Re: Application Changes I Believe Need to be Made, and Why   Application Changes I Believe Need to be Made, and Why EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 9:53 am

You are aware that you can submit maps onto our forum via .Schematics and if the map is good enough, we'll use it, right?

But anyways, I have had some thoughts about making a different path for builder, maybe some sort of Mini-Builder, or something along the lines of that, so I kinda agree with you on that. As for the age limit, we used to accept 12 year olds and 13 year olds for high-ranks of staff, but their maturity levels were just too low and they would quickly give up and give no commitment to their staff rank once they got it, thus we set an age limit.
Back to top Go down
https://shroomcraftpvp.forumotion.com
TENNK001
Fighter
TENNK001

PostSubject: Re: Application Changes I Believe Need to be Made, and Why   Application Changes I Believe Need to be Made, and Why EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 11:45 am

Ok, I understand why you believe it is better to have the age limit, but isn't that the point of the Helper rank? To see if the player is dedicated? And to test if they make the correct choices and judgements as a staff member? And also it is very easy for a player to lie of the age, how can you tell if they are telling the truth or not?
Back to top Go down
thats_my_nam3
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Application Changes I Believe Need to be Made, and Why   Application Changes I Believe Need to be Made, and Why EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 1:53 pm

Exactly agreeing with what tennk says. An age limit is not going to stop a player with a goal to become staff. It's simple to avoid the minimum age and just set your age as 14. I'll admit it, on previous applications I have done that, and I know lots of other people have. The point of helper applications is to test someone to see if they can be worthy of moderator. There should also be a 'Trial Builder' position, where you get tested to see if you are worthy for the shroomcraft team. Just like helper for moderator.
Back to top Go down
GreenToast555
Owner
GreenToast555

PostSubject: Re: Application Changes I Believe Need to be Made, and Why   Application Changes I Believe Need to be Made, and Why EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 2:21 pm

Look, when I was 11 and I wanted to become staff, I had the same opinion as you. Now that I'm 15 I can see why things have age limits. Sure, an 11 year old might be great at cooking hamburgers, but do you thing McDonalds would want to hire them? No, they are too young and need to learn their responsibilities and how to be consistent at work. We won't hire people under the age of 13 because they are too young, and they shouldn't be working for a server that needs income ($) in order to stay up. Servers are like tiny businesses, and young children are not what I want running it.
Back to top Go down
thats_my_nam3
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Application Changes I Believe Need to be Made, and Why   Application Changes I Believe Need to be Made, and Why EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 2:31 pm

Minecraft is a game for kids and therefore, unlike mcdonalds, is run by kids Razz I still think building should be based on building skill. And, If a kid could make a damn good hamburger, the best hamburger ever, i'm sure they'd like him to work there!
Back to top Go down
TENNK001
Fighter
TENNK001

PostSubject: Re: Application Changes I Believe Need to be Made, and Why   Application Changes I Believe Need to be Made, and Why EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 3:00 pm

Getting a McDonald's job is quite different from becoming staff on the internet, but I do understand the point you are trying to make, and I respect your opinion. Thank you for reading my arguement and taking the time to respond.

Back to top Go down
DJpatcraft

PostSubject: Re: Application Changes I Believe Need to be Made, and Why   Application Changes I Believe Need to be Made, and Why EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 3:33 pm

This Is getting Kinda out of hand, if there are anymore messages that even look like that they can cause a bit more tension this topic will be deleted/locked

We choose how the applications are for a reason, 13 for Helper, 14 for mod+, and for now we are sticking to that.
Back to top Go down
GreenToast555
Owner
GreenToast555

PostSubject: Re: Application Changes I Believe Need to be Made, and Why   Application Changes I Believe Need to be Made, and Why EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 10:02 pm

Topic locked, the answer is, we don't want 10-12 year olds running a small company.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application Changes I Believe Need to be Made, and Why   Application Changes I Believe Need to be Made, and Why Empty

Back to top Go down

Application Changes I Believe Need to be Made, and Why
Page 1 of 1