ShroomcraftPvP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ShroomcraftPvP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LearnToFly's Staff Application

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BlueToast444
Assassin
BlueToast444

LearnToFly's Staff Application Empty
PostSubject: LearnToFly's Staff Application   LearnToFly's Staff Application EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 9:31 pm

What is your IGN?: LearnToFly

What is your Rank?: At this moment Super Donor 22

What is your Age?: 15

How long have you been Playing ShroomCraft?
: Since It's beginning back about a year ago (I was the second player on ta server after Green)

Why should you be Helper?: I have been around a while. I know how SC works. Now you may ask why I don't have a higher rank and the answer is I had a really bad computer with a maximum of 20 fps. Now I have a much better laptop with a maximum of 65 fps (don't hate I'm not spending 5,000 to build a new desktop). Anyways like I said I know this server in and out. I helped build the old map (the one with the cobble stone building in the center. I am mature and I try not to cause drama like past staff members, not naming names, and I tend to try to get along with every one, even if they don't like me. I have had staff in the past so I know what Green expects out of his staff members, and although I don't want to start the arguments that we had again, I feel like a lower rank will give me the chance to give back to SC and still keep my long running friendship with Green. I know a lot of what is happening in the next coming weeks with the update and I try to answer the questions that people have about it to my extent. I noticed that App is now gone and we have like 2 mods and like 3 helpers. Green has told me he plans on getting more helpers. I figure that I am best qualified since I have been on the longest and have had prior experience. When a helper/ staff member isn't on I try to help the new players. The server has grown so much that new players join  every other day. The chat is their first impression. I hate servers with a chat that you can't read it goes by so fast. Spammers start that but helpers clean that up and give a good first impression to new players!

How could you help the community as a Helper?: As helper you're chat police and the ones that players can go to to answer questions. Chat police is very important and is necessary to every server. Imagine our server with spammers talking about how you should join their server. Helpers keep the chat clean and friendly. As for answering questions, like I said I know a lot about the coming few weeks with the update. Green tells me a lot about this on our walks home from school. I try to answer questions already but i'm not perfect so I cant't give every answer. I can be mean to players at times but I try not to. I am not one to talk in the chat a lot but I do pay attention. It's kinda hard not to since it takes up a lot of your screen. Since I pay a lot of attention in the chat I can closely watch it and not let spammers and other madbros scream about how some one hacks. Speaking of modified clients, helpers don't deal with modified clients. They can  tell Green about it and get them banned but they don't go and find them. As helper I won't be trying to find modified clients but if I see an obvious one I would do all in my power to stop it until some one can officially ban them. Also I can download the app Glichchat, oh I mean MineChat to help monitor the chat even if I can't get on the server. I can also help monitor the forums for questions (I check it a lot at school with Green)

How long are you on every week?: 20+ hours now that swimming is done.

What is your timezone?: EST

I hope my app gets considered. I know I had a rocky past as staff but I trueley believe a lower rank will be better than admin, which I used to have. People can change. Anyways I appreciate you taking the time to read this and have a good day/ evening Very Happy
Back to top Go down
truthhurtsagain
Bowman

PostSubject: Re: LearnToFly's Staff Application   LearnToFly's Staff Application EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 12:56 pm

`
Back to top Go down
truthhurtsagain
Bowman

PostSubject: Re: LearnToFly's Staff Application   LearnToFly's Staff Application EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 12:59 pm

Sorry for having to post twice, for some reason my posts become nothing when I actually post them sometimes (I don't know why, it's just odd) anyhow your application is good, I like how there is originality (from the applications I've read) with the explanation of what you think a helper is. However, referring to your past actions as staff, I think the best way to go about this (please disregard this option in the case that these players are no longer on or infrequent with the forum) is to get the opinion of the players who had the negative experience due to your actions as staff of whether or not you should become staff, though that would be difficult.
Back to top Go down
BlueToast444
Assassin
BlueToast444

PostSubject: Re: LearnToFly's Staff Application   LearnToFly's Staff Application EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 3:45 pm

truthhurtsagain wrote:
Sorry for having to post twice, for some reason my posts become nothing when I actually post them sometimes (I don't know why, it's just odd) anyhow your application is good, I like how there is originality (from the applications I've read) with the explanation of what you think a helper is. However, referring to your past actions as staff, I think the best way to go about this (please disregard this option in the case that these players are no longer on or infrequent with the forum) is to get the opinion of the players who had the negative experience due to your actions as staff of whether or not you should become staff, though that would be difficult.

First off thanks for replying. So I do admit my past actions as staff were a bit mean to a few people that is over. That was back in August and most of those players are long gone and I have not seen them for a while. Now I may not be on when they are but that's what I see. As I said I am going for a lower rank then what I was and I have no intention of gaining back my old rank. If you want to ask the old players then go ahead. Ultimately it is green's choice so whatever he wants to do then I'll go with it.
Back to top Go down
BlazedPvP
Shaman

PostSubject: Re: LearnToFly's Staff Application   LearnToFly's Staff Application EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 6:16 pm

Well, you've been active. But I don't see you helping people often. But if you do achieve staff I know you will do a better job than last time. Anyways nice application, I think you should get helper because you actually know the meaning of what a helper is about Razz
Back to top Go down
BlueToast444
Assassin
BlueToast444

PostSubject: Re: LearnToFly's Staff Application   LearnToFly's Staff Application EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 8:25 pm

BlazedPvP wrote:
Well, you've been active. But I don't see you helping people often. But if you do achieve staff I know you will do a better job than last time. Anyways nice application, I think you should get helper because you actually know the meaning of what a helper is about Razz

Thanks! I would help but when I am on there is a staff member who beats me to it. It just shows that unlike many servers (cookie craze) the staff is active.

Back to top Go down
GreenToast555
Owner
GreenToast555

PostSubject: Re: LearnToFly's Staff Application   LearnToFly's Staff Application EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 3:40 pm

I'll keep you in mind.
Back to top Go down
https://shroomcraftpvp.forumotion.com
BlueToast444
Assassin
BlueToast444

PostSubject: Re: LearnToFly's Staff Application   LearnToFly's Staff Application EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 11:21 am

GreenToast555 wrote:
I'll keep you in mind.

Thanks Green!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LearnToFly's Staff Application   LearnToFly's Staff Application Empty

Back to top Go down

LearnToFly's Staff Application
Page 1 of 1